If you like this Broccoli Apple Salad, here’s a few more salads you might enjoy:
- Hot Potato Salad (mayo & dairy free)
- Gluten Free Caprese Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Potato Salad
- Raw Beet, Carrot & Apple Salad
- Bacon Blue Cheese Burger Salad
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup slivered toasted almonds
- 2 apples, cubed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 8 slices bacon, cooked & chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped fine
- In a saucepan, whisk the sugar, cornstarch and dry mustard together. Whisk in the eggs. Add the white wine vinegar and water. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until it comes to a boil and thickens.Remove from heat and stir in mayonnaise. Let cool while you prepare the broccoli and cauliflower.
- Place broccoli and cauliflower in a large mixing bowl. Pour the cooked dressing over, and stir to completely coat. Cover and let marinate several hours.
- Right before serving, add the remaining ingredients, stirring to coat with the dressing. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers, if you happen to have any.
Post and image updated May 2018. Originally posted February 2009.