A tall glass of milk or a strong cup of coffee is all that you need to accompany this easy no bake Peanut Butter Pie with Chocolate Covered Pretzel Crust.
When people ask me what is the one thing I miss most since going gluten free, my answer is always “Convenience”.
If you want soft garlic bread to go with your spaghetti dinner – you have to bake the gluten free sandwich bread first. If you want ice cream sandwiches – you have to bake the cookies first. If you want pie – you have to make the crust first.
This Peanut Butter pie though, it uses a simple short cut, making it just as much work if you are making it gluten-free or not. The crust is actually made out of crushed up pretzels, in this case Gratify Gluten-Free Pretzel Twists.
I found these pretzels the last time I was down in the U.S. and couldn’t believe how much cheaper they are compared to some of the other brands. And guess what? They actually taste great, and come in a variety of flavours as well.
Now, back to this no bake Peanut Butter Pie with chocolate covered pretzel crust. I wanted a really decadent peanut butter pie, something that makes a person go “Wow” when they take that first fork full, and the use of a pretzel crust and the fudge sauce definitely did that for this cake.
A little touch of crunch and salty to go with the sweet & saucy. Perfect!
If you like this Peanut Butter Pie with Chocolate Covered Pretzel Crust, you might also like:
- Gluten Free Pink Lemonade Pie
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie
- Dairy Free Salted Caramel Ice Cream Pie
- No Bake Gluten Free Chocolate Cream Pie
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free pretzel crumbs (about 5.5 oz.)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' (icing) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 8 ounces (250 ml) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PLUS about 1 cup store-bought chocolate fudge sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together the pretzel crumbs (these are easy to make smaller in a food processor), brown sugar, and melted butter. Press into a greased 9 1/2-inch pie plate. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the pretzels become fragrant. Cool.
- In a large, deep bowl, beat together the whipping cream, confectioners' sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Once this has been fully mixed, blend in 1 cup of the whipped cream. Using a large spatula, fold in another cup of the whipped cream.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the fudge sauce into the bottom of the cooled pie crust (reheat the sauce if necessary). Using a spoon, spread it all over the bottom and sides of the pie crust.
- Scrape the peanut butter mixture into the pie crust, spreading it into an even layer.
- Top the pie with the remaining fudge sauce and whipped cream, or top each slice just prior to serving. Cool in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving. Store remaining pie covered in the refrigerator.
Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.